Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbable routes in thawing conditions in Cairngorms?

masa-alpin - on 15 Feb 2013
Seeing the forecast of warming up for the next few days, I am looking for routes that are climbable in thawing condition in Cairngorm Norther Corries (and anywhere accessible from Aviemore)... The grade range is from III to VI, and I'd accept if it becomes by just a grade harder due to the condition.
I guess all the ice routes must be out, so it should be rocky mixed routes that don't rely on turfs (I don't want to damage turfs and mountain flora, either).
If I remember, Savage Slit in Lochain was OK. I guess Fingers Ridge in Sneachda should be OK? How about Message?
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!
Also, any suggestion for the routes that come in condition quickly once the temperature drops is also very welcome! (Hopefully it will improve Wednesday onward.)
Thanks, Masa
(The time of our long-waited week-long climbing trip is finally come, and the conditions are now deteriorating - how Scottish...)
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums