UKC

Contador and Clen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chateauneuf du Boeuf 15 Feb 2013
Given all this bute in horse stuff, does this make the Clenbuterol (sp?) defence any more believable, perhaps we don't know as much about the food chain as we though. Clenbuterol always seemed an odd way of cheating. I've little doubt AC did dope, probably extensively, but was it doping that led to the positive?
 Hephaestus 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Chateauneuf du Boeuf:

I wonder how much of a horse dosed on clenbuterol you'd have to eat to test positive for a second hand drug?
 Toby_W 15 Feb 2013

No, based on everything else they found indicating blood doping that through careful legal manoeuvring they kept out of the hearing. Also that he was implicated in Puerto.

He's a serial doper and just because he had the money to fund a legal and pr team to ensure the facts of the matter are muddied for people reading about it in the media still doesn't change those facts.

Remember Lance Armstrong.
Passed 500 tests... No
Never failed a test.... No
Most tested athlete.... No

Contador's team comes out with similar disinformation to cloud what he's done and been caught doing.

Cheers

Toby
 Chris the Tall 15 Feb 2013
I've always felt that his conviction was "unsafe" given that his defence was plausible given the admissable evidence.

Not that I believe he was innocent, in fact I think there might be some truth in the suggestion that Bruyneel tipped off the UCI to ensure that they sent his sample to the one lab capable of detecting such a small dose.
In reply to Toby_W: Yeah I obviously wasn't suggesting Contador is a clean athlete. But with regard to the defense the defense you've got a good point, that plastic bag evidence thing wasn't included was it?
 balmybaldwin 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Hephaestus:
> (In reply to Chateauneuf du Boeuf)
>
> I wonder how much of a horse dosed on clenbuterol you'd have to eat to test positive for a second hand drug?

according to some government spokeperson yesterday, you needed to eat 1500 burgers a day to get a measurable dose
In reply to balmybaldwin: A measurable dose or a harmful dose? Because the amount in Contador was tiny.
 balmybaldwin 15 Feb 2013

I would love to be able to tell you, but as I said, this information was presented by a government spokesperson, so is probably complete tosh anyway. I think the words used were "...around 1500 burgers a day to receive a human's daily dose"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...