/ FAO Mountain Bikers in Sheffield - Lady Cannings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chris the Tall - on 15 Feb 2013
In case you aren't already aware of it, may I draw you attention to this

http://www.ridesheffield.org.uk/2013/02/ride-sheffield-launch-crowd-funding-initiative-for-new-trail...

And humbly suggest we all chuck some money in the pot
balmybaldwin - on 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Looks rather small to me - area is only about 1/2sqKM... am I missing something?
In reply to balmybaldwin:
It's not a trail centre, just a trail !
> (In reply to balmybaldwin)
> It's not a trail centre, just a trail !

But it's not going to be very long is it?
Worth driving up from Surrey ? No
Worth including on a loop that involves Stanage, Houndkirk, Blacka etc ? Definitely

Actually this is just one of a number of initiatives/proposals which will hopefully encourage people to ride from Sheffield to the peak (as opposed to driving there)

Are they planning on a few of these trails linked by existing B/ways? If so then great, whilst the bridleways in the peak are great, it would be nice to have some fun burmed descents as well!
Yep, Lady Cannings plantation is part of Houndkirk moor and bounded on 2 sides by BOATS - unfortunately heavily used by 4x4s and sanitised by the council, but nonetheless useful link routes. And fun in the snow! There are a couple of excellant descents and nice climbs on Blacka, which is about a mile to the south. I probably ride through the area about once or twice a week, so the more variety the better !

the power - on 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: I'll chuck a few quid in.sounds mint
ads.ukclimbing.com
thebigeasy - on 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: Will be interesting to see what they surface the trail with! If its anything like the waste rubble they seem to keep putting down on the bridleway in the Peak its just another way of sheffield council getting rid of rubbish.
Still always good to get a few more track to ride.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.