UKC

Please recommend a rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lewiz 16 Feb 2013
Just finished up in Tonsai and donated my 60m 9.6mm Beal Booster III to the Thaitanium project. I'm after something new.

Ideally I'd like to reach a point where I have a working rope and a RP/OS rope; both 60m as I primarily climb at Portland where routes are not 30m long.

Right now I'm probably going for the working rope and figured a 9.6mm or so would be okay. I've had two Boosters now and want to try something different (just for the hell of it).

Can anybody recommend a good 60m rope between 9.5-10mm in diameter going for a reasonable price? Perhaps you know of some offer that's on right now?
OP lewiz 16 Feb 2013
I had been considering http://www.urbanrock.com/energy-60m but have no idea of the feel. I do care about how the rope handles; I wasn't that impressed with the Beal.
 LaMentalist 16 Feb 2013
In reply to lewiz:

Not used the rope in the link but have used a few edelweiss ropes & I liked the handling of them they felt very good , I've got a beal topgun 2 & am not too keen on the feel of it , also have a few mammut ropes & not overly keen on their handling either but they stand up to lots of abuse .

I do like the feel of some edelrid ropes as well .
 Rich35 16 Feb 2013
In reply to lewiz: hi guys not totally relevant but I work in the industrial side of climbing and can get very good prices on ropes etc. Beal, mammut, edelrid, dmm . Feel free if you want a price that will beat most places I think .
 And Climb 16 Feb 2013
In reply to lewiz: Mammut Vertex ropes are pretty cheap compared to the rest. Most than happy with mine. It is a full 10mm though but has been a lot nicer to clip with than a 35m beal wall rope.
OP lewiz 16 Feb 2013
Thanks for the responses. Seems as though a few people are not totally impressed with the Beal feel and so since the price is right on the Edelweiss, I've just gone and ordered it. Here's hoping it runs smooth for a long time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...