UKC

Aonach Mor conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bryan W 17 Feb 2013
Anyone been up climbing on the East Face of Aonach Mor recently? How are the cornices looking, has the ice survived the thaw?

thanks
 Nick_Scots 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Bryan W: On Friday, I was Snowboarding on the Pistes above the Gondola and there was wet soft snow everywhere and a few slushy/icy bits but no frozen watercourses could be seen. It was chilly on the Quad Chair but I had no gloves on often and it was mild.

HTH
 alastairbegley 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Scott_vzr:
On friday at the top of nevis range the wind scoured slopes were very icy and the reports from people climbing were that conditions were good
 Mike_d78 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Bryan W: we were up there yesterday. We did one of the routes next to easy gully.

We thought it was generally pretty buried but there is stuff to do. I guess it week improve significantly when it cold later in the week.

The cornice at the top of the route we did was OK easily turned. I would not say the cornice were huge elsewhere in the corrie but you would need to work to turn or get through them. Some of the cornices were a bit saggy on the sunnier aspects.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...