UKC

What's your next challenge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kat4kgb 17 Feb 2013
I like writing (let’s hope sometime soon my English will get better, ha ha). I love sharing my knowledge or just ideas with people around me.
Recently I have moved from Norwich to York. In Norwich I had a good job. My job was involving me talking (giving advice and help) to adventurous people 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, from first time walkers to world famous climbers, i enjoyed chatting to them all.
It is sad, that in York at this moment, I can’t do the same job. Well if can’t do that kind of job face to face, maybe I can write! Hopefully by writing I can inspire some folks to get up and do things they have only been dreaming of. YOU CAN DO IT! Pick the challenge, follow your dream, every day you will be closer to it.
For the past 29 years I was scared and worried to make a wrong choice or to make a wrong move. I was scared to die in the crevasse, or to get buried in the avalanche, or brake parts of my body while climbing/running/mountaineering...and now I understand I can die any second of my life... I could become ill or get hit by car, or......it’s lots of or’s!!! So now I am just going to do it. Off course do it with care and make judgements based on what is happening around me. But the FACT is I am going for it. No more hiding away from the world.
And you can do it too!!!
In reply to Kat4kgb: In a rather different vein, probable medical early retirement.

The challenge is of a very different nature. Nevertheless, it's one to be approached positively with an eye for the doors it opens rather than regrets about those which will have closed.

The moral of life is always to enjoy the journey rather than to focus on arriving at one's destination.

T.
 Steve Perry 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Kat4kgb: Errr ok, good luck.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...