UKC

Small camera with optical viewfinder?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hairyRob 17 Feb 2013
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any small point and shoot cameras with an optical viewfinder other than the Canon 1200/1300/1400 series?
I know this is like asking for unicorn sightings these days but i thought there might be others still being made.

HR
 Blue Straggler 17 Feb 2013
In reply to hairyRob:

There are "high end" models from Leica, Ricoh and Voigtlander which will either be rangefinders or "allow" the attachment of an optical viewfinder. Which makes them small no more I guess.
 radson 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Check out the Fuji X10.
 Tom Valentine 18 Feb 2013
In reply to hairyRob:

Out of genuine interest, what's your objection to the Canon?
The rest of your options seem to involve cameras like BS suggested, which are not really compact and hardly likely to come under the category of "point and shoot".

There is also the halfway house of a clip-on EVF like on my Ricoh and some Samsungs. I think it's brilliant ( you can rotate it through 90degrees) but there are thousands of detractors out there.

My wife has got a Canon Powershot 1200. So far it's been great as a point and shoot with optical VF. If it conks out we'll probably buy another straight away.
 Tom Valentine 18 Feb 2013
In reply to radson:

Top of my wish list in the category. Pity the lens isn't a bit wider and I would miss my Ricoh's intervalometer.
 cragtyke 18 Feb 2013
In reply to hairyRob: No longer being made, but the old panasonic lumix fz8 has an optical vf and is much more compact than the newer fz models, 12x zoom as well, they come up on ebay fairly regularly.
 neuromancer 19 Feb 2013
In reply to hairyRob:

I have a Sony dsc w300 with an optical viewfinder, 13.6mp, lovely photos, brushed metal body e.t.c, I never use it, would sell?
OP hairyRob 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Tom Valentine:
I'm not against the Canon i just wondered if there were any others.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...