Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Brecon Beacons Ice Climbing Video!

BALD EAGLE - on 18 Feb 2013
Morning all
During the recent cold spell in January with my partners in crime Dicky and Boner (no sniggering at the back please!), we managed an opportunistic smash and grab raid on the Grade III Torpantau Falls in the Brecon Beacons (near Talybont) on a perfect day of weather. The falls were in full winter raiment with the ice in very good nick and the route provided most excellent sport. The entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film of this memorable outing then please use the following link. Unsurprisingly, being the last day before a predicted thaw, the route was very busy so there were quite a lot of unknown climbers featured so do have a look as you may recognize yourself immortalised on film!
Anyway all constructive feedback, critique and comments welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to visit this Breconís ice classic next time it freezes up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1MG0LtMgzA
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to at least 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. :-)
Cheers Dave
... not showing 32 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums