Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Winter ML Review

george mc - on 18 Feb 2013
Winter ML Review
Due to a variety of reasons change of name, change of contact details, change of methods of operating, use of digital technology, review of Summer Walking Awards MTS will be reviewing the Winter ML Award, its Syllabus and Guidance notes in 2013 rather than the planned date in 2014.

To that end MTS would welcome any feedback, comments and alterations to any aspect of the above. Ill be running through the current syllabus and guidance notes and circulating a copy for comment and review in due course - most likely by February 18th 2013. That way all things winter should be fairly fresh in your minds. This should allow enough time to circulate several versions for a full discussion.

You can download the current Winter ML Syllabus and Guidance notes http://www.mountain-training.org/downloads/award-scheme-information

Timescale
The timeline I am working to is as follows:
For any changes to the syllabus the proposed changes would first have to be approved by the MTS Board. If successful this would then have to go to the UK Board for ratification and approval. At that point changes could be implemented. The plan is to have any changes in place for the Autumn December 2013 at the latest.

To have any changes to the Winter ML scheme enabled for the 2013/2014 winter season I would have to any proposed changes with the Scottish Board for the Board meeting in May 2013. The next UK Board meeting is in June 2013 thus allowing time to implement any agreed/approved changes for the Winter of 2013/14.

Circulation
Please feel free to circulate this as widely as you see fit. Although this information will also be publicised through social media sites, due to time pressures etc Ill be unable to engage in debate/discussion on these sites. So if you want your voice heard please email your response to george@mountain-training.org

George McEwan
MTS Executive Officer
... not showing 74 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums