UKC

Ridge from Trinity Face, Snowdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 18 Feb 2013
What is the ridge that is situated to the left hand side of Trinity Face when looking across from the Pyg Track?

It runs to the upper level bit starts near the small upper lake. Any idea's?
In reply to An Triubhas:

I think you must mean the east ridge of Snowdon, which is part of the Snowdon Horseshoe. You just zig-zag down steep scree on the south side of that on the way to Lliwedd.
 Banned User 77 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Not Y Gribin?

Higher up would certainly be the East ridge.. pretty shoddy.. loose.. nice looking line poor in practice.. its the fastest line on the Peris horseshoe when going Lliwedd > Snowdon summit, but everytime I've been on it there has been much shouting and warnings as we cause rocks to slide and fall on each other..

Its said to be grade 1 but its really just steep broken ground..
 mrchewy 19 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: I'd have thought he meant Y Gribin too.A nice Grade 1 scramble.

The East Ridge is skanky in descent.
In reply to IainRUK:

Oh, I'd forgotten about Y Gribin. Surely quite a long way down and left of Trinity face? I remember that if you take the best line on Y Gribin, it's a good scramble on very high quality rock i.e. much better than mere 'steep broken ground'. But my memory could be playing tricks ... It was a long time ago
 Iain Thow 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Maybe you should do a Snowdonia book to follow up the Lakes & Peak ones as an excuse to refresh your memory?
In reply to Iain Thow:

No, I've stopped doing mountain books now ... I went up PYG track again last summer, and one I thing I really noticed was how Snowdon had grown
 Iain Thow 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Serious suggestion actually, I'd buy it, and I'm sure plenty others would.
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: No Gribin is a proper line.. the east ridge isn't.. its also dangerous really and easy to stray onto trinity face in poor vis on a descent..
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Just saying the Gribin.. as he said 'runs to upper level'.. which I took as the bwlch.. the south ridge is direct to the summit..
In reply to IainRUK:

I don't follow you. That's just what I was saying. I remember using Steve Ashton's scrambling book.
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: No.. I was correcting what I'd written.. it looked like I was saying the other way around.. it was poor explanation...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...