Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - So another 2 weeks rest? Bored already!

doug5_10 - on 20 Feb 2013
Another finger injury thread, sorry!

Bit of background, had a niggling tweaky finger for a month or so of not pushing it and openhanded climbing, I decided it was a bit more than a tweak. Self diagnosed a strain or small tear of my A2 pulley on middle finger of my LH (don't think its anything more serious, didn't even notice doing it, no "popping", pain or swelling.) Only symptoms were tenderness in the base of the finger, esp. after climbing, and a bit painful to massage. Only noticed it a few times on the wall, mainly from just feeling weak because of not crimping!

So decided to take 2 weeks off doing a bit of Dave McLeod's ice bucket and some self styled hot/cold treatment (cling-filmed ice cube alternated with the bottom of a mug of tea, works a treat!) Ventured back to the wall tonight with no pain or tenderness, still climbing taped and openhanded, and now feels exactly the same as before!

Anything for it apart from another 2 weeks of boredom and buckets of water?
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums