UKC

Sets of Ice Axes for Sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 the abmmc 20 Feb 2013
I have three sets of ice axes for sale, all have hammer and adze. I am hoping to sell them in the hope of buying a pair that I will actually use! They are an old pair of Mountain Technology Alpine Axes, 50cm each for £60. A set of 50cm Charlet Moser Pulsars for £80 and a set of the second generation 50cm DMM Flys (not the new style)for £120. Please make me sensible offers. I would prefer payment by bank transfer into my account. I'm at work right now but can supply photos to anyone interested. None of these axes have seen heavy use, with the DMM Flys being never used at all. Tom Rollo
OP the abmmc 20 Feb 2013
Oh, the Mountain Technology ones are £60 for both together! I forgot to add that P&P will be added to the cost but we could talk about what you want to do. I live just outside Falkirk and would deliver locally (up to thirty miles radius). Tom
Donnie 21 Feb 2013
In reply to the abmmc: hi, I'll tale the dmm flys if you can weight until the end of the month (payday)?
OP the abmmc 21 Feb 2013
Hi Donnie, I'm e-mailing two guys but would wait until the end of the month if they both pull out. Send me an e-mail and I will send you a photo of the Flys. They are essentially brand new having never been used.

Tom
OP the abmmc 21 Feb 2013
Right, Flys sold pending payment to my account. I'll drop the prices on the other two pairs of axes. £40 plus postage for the old curved Mountain Technology Alpine Axes - s historical pair of axes but still good for climbing anything I was ever able for. They have leashes attached which will come with the axes. £60 plus postage for the Charlet Moser Pulsars which other people were able to go up very steep ground with and again, are almost like new having been used on two routes only. These too have leashes attached which will come with the axes. I'll send photos to anyone who wants a look. Tom
 Nigel Modern 21 Feb 2013
In reply to the abmmc: Tom, expect to hear from my mate Marcus about the Mosers...I've just sent a link to him

OP the abmmc 21 Feb 2013
Charlet Moser Pulsars also now sold pending payment. Only pair left is the Mountain Technology straight shafted and alpine curved pick pair. These are a very old style (almost historic) but will still give you plenty to aim at and I'll drop them to £35 plus postage but no more. So that is a set of technical axes usable for mountaineering and the easier snow and iced climbs (although Jeff Lowe climbed VI and VII with something very similar) for less than £45. I've held on to them for sentimental reasons but am feeling like I would want them to go somewhere where someone might use them. Photos for anyone interested. Tom Rollo
Removed User 22 Feb 2013
yhm
OP the abmmc 22 Feb 2013
All axes now sold. Thanks everyone who's been in touch. I hope they gets lots more use now they're going to someone else. It's strange couriering them off, as I think about what I did with them, except in the case of the Flys which I only dreamed about using.

Tom
 Euge 05 Mar 2013
In reply to the abmmc: I'm surprised the MT axes didn't go sooner.
I still use mine and love them, especially for lower grade stuff and snow slopes.
Mine will have to be prised from my dying hands!!!

E

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...