UKC

HEEEELP! Just spilled coffee on my rope!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 La_Vie_En_Rose 20 Feb 2013
So my (almost empty) coffee mug went walkabouts this evening and I've just discovered it lurking in my rope bag upsidedown. I've spilled coffee on a couple of the loops but I need to know what to do to prevent the rope from getting damaged. I've just wiped the surface coffee off the rope with baby wipes but how do I stop it seeping deeper??? Thanks!!!
 Neil Williams 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid:

When I got Coke on mine I washed it in the washing machine. Put it in a pillowcase, and don't use detergent (perhaps run it through once empty to clear it before putting the rope in). i used the 30 degree delicates cycle.

Neil
 TobyA 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid: Your rope's screwed. Bin it immediately.

Not really. It's coffee, what do you think it's gonna do to it? The worst result will be your rope will smell a bit of coffee, which might not even be a bad thing at all.
ice.solo 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid:

I hope it wasnt a good fresh blend!

Ive done this dozens of times (rope as pillow inside cramped tent, morning coffee with gloves on etc). Dont worry.
If you take yours with lots of sugar (criminal), maybe flush with water to prevent stickiness.
 Niall 20 Feb 2013
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to Zumoid) Your rope's screwed. Bin it immediately.
>
> Not really. It's coffee, what do you think it's gonna do to it? The worst result will be your rope will smell a bit of coffee, which might not even be a bad thing at all.

And he can have a quick suck of it before the crux. Win win!
 DaveN 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid: think i'd be more concerned about the baby wrpes to be honest, they take felt tip off walls.
needvert 20 Feb 2013
In reply to ice.solo:

..o0(Would a guy with the nick ice solo ever fall on his rope?)

Really does seem acid is the only thing that'll kill you're rope.

I'd wash it, then if worried take some practice lead falls a gym with some floor paddling.
 mike123 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid: look. if you re no using a burr grinder, just forget it . thats not even really coffee.
In reply to Zumoid: Thanks for the words of wisdom, guys! Put my mind at ease (and yeah, maybe baby wipes weren't the best thing but the were the only thing I had to hand!)
Removed User 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid:

Pay no attention to all the jokers with their witty remarks. They know jack 5hit. You don't have to worry about it, if it is decaff, if not then bin it.
 TobyA 20 Feb 2013
In reply to needvert:

> Really does seem acid is the only thing that'll kill you're rope.

or make you think it's a snake trying to kill you...
 colina 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid:i
keep a tow rope in the back of my car ,covered in all sorts oil,dirt ,battery acid etc .does it break when towing ....absolutely not..
id have thought all the shit a rope collects on a wet damp dirty crag on a day out plus all the scraping ,pulling,throwing and stretching would be far more detrimental to its condition than a bit of coffee.
 WILLS 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid: wash it in the bath hang it out to dry
 jkarran 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid:

If it was sugary or milky... shame on you! But best give it a rinse to get any stickiness out of it. If it was black coffee I'd forget about it, be thankful it fell in your rope bag not your lap!

jk
 StuMsg 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Zumoid:
Work out how far along the rope the spill is and use it as an alternative to a centre mark.
'you're at the coffee mark, 23m left, or maybe 27, what side are you tied onto?'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...