UKC

On Peak Rock - Stanage HVSs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex@home 21 Feb 2013
Read somewhere a while ago that there are 30 Stanage HVSs in On Peak Rock. This sounds like a good challenge for a day. Sadly I haven't been able to find my copy since I read it so can't see which routes are included. Anyone able to tell me what the routes are?
 Jon Stewart 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Alex@home:

One of them's probably The Vice, which would change the game a bit!
OP Alex@home 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

that one i know is in there - first route or last it's probably the point where you know if you'll succeed
 deepsoup 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:
Kelly's Overhang will be one of them too.

I've got my copy of OPR kicking about somewhere, if someone doesn't beat me to it I'll have a look when I've made a cuppa...
 deepsoup 21 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:
Ok, starting from the North, here goes:

The Vice (which is also Jamming Test no. 4)
Surgeon's Saunter
The Wobbler
Old Salt
Valediction
Microbe
Terrazza Crack
Right Hand Tower
The Knutter
The Blurter
Kelly's Overhang
Goliath's Groove
Fina
Tower Crack
Tower Chimney
Tower Face
Billiard Buttress
Right Unconquerable
BAW's Crawl
The Scoop
Saliva
Congo Corner
Agony Crack
Paucity
Cave Gully Wall
Cave Arete
Black Magic
Rusty Crack
Queersville
Flying Buttress Direct

FWIW, I did the Vice last year and really enjoyed it. (I am a bit odd, admittedly, and some would say I cheated by taping up.) There are others on that list that look tougher to me. It'd be a very impressive challange to do that lot in a day!
 Jon Stewart 21 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:
> (In reply to deepsoup)

> FWIW, I did the Vice last year and really enjoyed it. (I am a bit odd, admittedly, and some would say I cheated by taping up.) There are others on that list that look tougher to me. It'd be a very impressive challange to do that lot in a day!

Certainly would.

I've done neraly all of them, many of them as regular solos (others I've fallen off or course!). The only one I have avoided and never intend to try apart from The Vice (which I would kind of like to do one day, but I doubt I'll ever be in the mood) is Tower Chimney. No ta.
 deepsoup 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:
> Tower Chimney. No ta.

I seconded that last year. (My climbing partner is a bit odd too.)
It didn't go well. I was a bit too engrossed to notice at the time, but apparently big Ron was watching from the plantation and had a good laugh at my appalling style.
OP Alex@home 21 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:

bl00dy hell - wish i hadn't asked

certainly would be a good day!

cheers
OP Alex@home 21 Feb 2013
In reply to deepsoup:

tower chimney's not too bad - you just need a big enough cam and to face the right way. now is it left or right...
In reply to Alex@home:
> tower chimney's not too bad

I thought it was bloody desperate and I'm normally fairly adept at more 'traditional' routes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...