Bouldering forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Bouldering in Portland?

Sannan75 on 22 Feb 2013
Hi there,

I've been sport climbing for a couple of years and have just bought a bouldering pad to get into outdoor bouldering when I can't find partners.

I spent a fun day at Stone Farm on Monday but I also learnt that southern sandstone in winter isn't exactly wonderful so I was thinking about heading to Portland next time. I can't find any real info about how many problems there are and what grade range exists?

I know there is the Rockfax mini-guide but I don't want to buy it only to find there are 10 problems all V8 or above. It's a 4 hour round trip for me in the car so I need a good amount of low to middling grades to make it worthwhile.

Would some wise bouldering soul be kind enough to give me an idea of the number and range in Portland to help me decide? I guess views on the quality in February/March would also be helpful although it would have to be pretty bad to rank lower than seeping mossy sandstone!

Cheers :)
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums