Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Why am I getting fat?

Tyler - on 25 Feb 2013
Thought about putting in this in the training forum but it's not just climbing related.

At the beginning of December I stopped climbing due to injury, over the following 9 weeks I did absolutely no exercise other than three days downhill skiing (normally I would climb 3 or four days a week and have bursts of going running). As it was Christmas time I expected to pile on the weight but actually went down from just under 11 stones to 10.5. Fair enough, I thought, I must be losing muscle. This in itself was surprising as I'm not really muscly but I couldn't see any other reason. I started climbing again beginning Feb and also started to run so was exercising every day. In the first two weeks my weight shot up to 11 stone 2 pounds, since then its stabilised at about 11 stone.

Why is this? There's no way anyone could put on 8 pounds of muscle in two weeks, especially not just running and climbing and especially not me; so what's the explanation? When you change your activity level like this does your body start to store more fat? I wasn't noticeably eating more.
... not showing 21 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums