/ Lentil Burger Recipes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dhuhkosi - on 25 Feb 2013
Anyone got a good Lentil Burger recipe they wish to share? Naturally google throws up (..so to speak) many recipes but I trust the good readers of UKC more.
girlymonkey - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to dhuhkosi:
Is it specifically lentil you want, or just good veggie burgers? I have a recipe for Chickpea and roast red pepper burgers which is very nice, but I realise not what you asked for!!
Ava Adore - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

Ooh, can you post that?

(Sorry to the OP)
In reply to girlymonkey:

Was after lentil burgers but post away girlymonkey...try anything once
Jon Stewart - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to dhuhkosi:

I make them using basically whatever veg I have. Boil your lentils, fry/soften some onions, garlic, leeks, celery whatever. Mix with grated carrot and/or courgette (too much courgette can result in wateriness), bind together with beaten egg and cheese, flour the outside and fry'em.

Quite tasty.
girlymonkey - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to dhuhkosi:
Ok, slight tangent then, but as requested:

100g pine nuts
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
150g roasted red peppers
400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
30g basil leaves
100g parmesan
120g wholemeal breadcrumbs
a little olive oil for frying

lighty dry fry the pine nuts and set aside. With a little olive oil in the pan cook the spring onions and garlic until softened. Leave to cool a little then blitz this in a food processor along with the chickpeas, peppers, basil and parmesan. Season to taste. Then in a bowl mix in the pine nuts and bread crumbs. Divide into burger shapes and then in a frying pan cook them for 3 - 4 minutes each side.

ripper - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to dhuhkosi:
How about making a big batch of basic mix - lentils, breadcrumbs, maybe some onion and (if you're not vegan) an egg to bind it together, then experimenting with different flavour combos? off the top of my head you could try: garlic and rosemary; smoked paprika and chilli; strong cheese & a bit of chopped bacon (if that's allowed); chopped walnut and mushroom; garlic and ginger; chopped spinach and coriander; diced potato and curry paste; whatever the hell you can find lurking in your spice cupoard or fridge....
then have fun deciding which you like and trying to remember what you put in it!
In reply to girlymonkey:

Thanks everyone for the ideas....I'm not vegie/vegan just want to cut down on eating so much meat.
stroppygob - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to dhuhkosi: I always throw a blob of Marmite in when cooking the lentils, gives it a more meaty/ummami taste.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Bulls Crack - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to dhuhkosi:

Middle-east Chicken/turkey and courgette burgers are nice n light

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.