/ "Gift" from Virgin media

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Newbuild100 - on 25 Feb 2013
I arrived home today to find a "We called today" card from some firm called "Myyodel". They had tried to deliver a parcel, but as I wasnt in, they couldnt leave it as it needed a signature.
I rang them to rearrange delivery and casually said I hadnt got a clue what the parcels contents were. The guy on the phone said it would be from virgin, as they are sending out gifts at present. !
I havent arranged re-delivery as yet (partly cos I am not at home all week).
I wont arrange delivery again if its a pile o s@%te.

So has anyone had the above and what exactly are Virgin sending out ??
wilkie14c - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:
I think Ava had this the other day - a new power supply for a router or some such, a safety recall has lead to Viurgin sending out new ones. Could be wrong though, check out the mystery parcel thread from the other day
Mountain Llama - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100: do not get to excited, had a new modem power supply delivered due to issues being discovered with old units
marsbar - on 25 Feb 2013
Indy - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:

God I hate Virgin. The amount of junk mail they send trying to get you to join one of there phone/TV services borders on harassment.
wilkie14c - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy:
> (In reply to Newbuild100)
>
> God I hate Virgin. The amount of junk mail they send trying to get you to join one of there phone/TV services borders on harassment.

Yet they can't deal with a simple complaint. I've just taken my complaint to CISAS to get it sorted, Virgin had plenty of chances but chose not to.
richard_hopkins - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100:
I too had one of these cards, the website said they'd tried to deliver 3 times before (but not left a card naturally). The card had a gmail address handwritten on it and upon sending this a message, a local despatcher dropped off the package later that day. It was indeed a replacement power supply from VirginMedia.

That must be an expensive recall for them.
lfenbo - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Newbuild100: id be more concerned with anything to do with yodal,,, last time they were supposed to deliver something to my home was a complete shambles.ie they lied about trying to deliver and then said that a nieghbour of mine told them we were deceased although the driver couldnt remember which nieghbour when i took it further. bare faced lie by the delivery person.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Frogger - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Indy:
> God I hate Virgin. The amount of junk mail they send trying to get you to join one of there phone/TV services borders on harassment.

I receive this too and I'm already a customer!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.