UKC

Summer ML Course Choice?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Parmo 26 Feb 2013
Having been given the green light by the missus to book up Summer Mountain Leader Training Course, I am now faced with decision of who to train with? An initial trawl through the internet brings up a wealth of choice.

I am therefore looking for first hand experience of providers who cut the mustard.

Do providers provide any additional contact, offers of volunteer placements or work experience or is it generally a case of do the course, then go away, come back for assessment. I am aware of Rob Johnson's mentor scheme so may look at that option.

Any help really appreciated, and will all help to convince the missus it is a worthwhile getaway, not just a jolly.
 Banned User 77 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Parmo: I did my assessment with Phil George in LLanberis. Basically as he was one of the cheapest.. but he was superb. Once I told people I'd booked with Phil I only got glowing recommendations.
 Mike Nolan 26 Feb 2013
In reply to IainRUK: +1 for Phill. Did my ML training with him last week. He, and everyone he used to help on the training, were excellent and I really enjoyed the week. Everyone I spoke to before booking with him said he's one of the best and everyone recommended him to me and I now know why!

Mike
OP Parmo 27 Feb 2013
Excellent fellas, thanks for the recommendations.

Will be get in touch with Phil and try to sort out some suitable family friendly dates.

Rob

m0unt41n 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Parmo: +2 for Phill. He was excellent for training and assessment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...