UKC

Doorpost bosigran in february or 7a indoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rurp 26 Feb 2013
Just done my first outdoor climb of 2013. Also first 7a in my life.

2 degrees in the car park at Bosigran, bit of a breeze up. Snow flurries. Wet traverse, numb hands gloves or not.

Which one was harder
 Tom Last 26 Feb 2013
In reply to rurp:

Err, the 7a?

Doorpost is piss after all.

I expect you're going to say Doorpost though...?
 Tom Last 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Southern Man:

Forgot to add the smiley
 Skip 26 Feb 2013
In reply to rurp:
I'll go for the 7a being the hardest.

1st pitch of Doorpost is often wet.
OP rurp 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Southern Man: Exactly, indoor routes are easy once you have done them.

Trad climbs in typical england conditions are desperate before during and after.
 Kafoozalem 26 Feb 2013
In reply to rurp:

> Trad climbs in typical england conditions are desperate before during and after.

Only if you are scared. Try relaxing

OP rurp 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Kafoozalem:
fear is a minor factor, last outdoor trad lead was October, but I could rationalise it was well protected.

The main factors though are climbing in 10 layers, gloves, numb hands and wet rock, bring on the spring!

Kafoozalem 26 Feb 2013
In reply to rurp:

OK I admit I was climbing down there around the same time and we were pinned back to HS from our usual E grades.
OP rurp 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Kafoozalem: Exactly the point. In this day and age there should be a temperature/windchill/wetness adjusted grade. I propose....

Doorpost HS, sunkissed granite and 15 degrees.

VS in gloves

HVS below 5 degrees wearing so many layers your harness doesn't fit.

7a+/E4 below 2 degrees, wind , snow, gloves, layers, wet, verglass any other excuses you can think of etc

Bulls Crack 26 Feb 2013
In reply to rurp:
> (In reply to Southern Man) Exactly, indoor routes are easy once you have done them.
>
> Trad climbs in typical england conditions are desperate before during and after.

What does that make Welsh and Scots route like then?!
 David Rose 27 Feb 2013
In reply to rurp: Doorpost only really gets hard when all the holds are covered in verglas. I think you're being a bit of a cissy, to be honest. And after all, it's non tidal. You ought to be more ambitious. Little Brown Jug in a blizzard? Now that would be a challenge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...