Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Himalaya Expeditions?

Alex90 - on 27 Feb 2013
Hi,

I was just wondering how you would go about planning you own Himalayan climbing expedition/trip for 3 or 4 people?

The reason I ask is that the commercial trips firstly are very expensive, I guess that is because they are so well supported and also the cost of the permits etc but any money saved is a bonus. Secondly I'm a bit childish but it seems that there is a little more adventure to be had in planning it all yourself but I don't doubt for one moment the massive level of commitment required to plan such a trip.

Is there a difference is cost between climbing in Nepal/Tibet/India/Pakistan? Are there tighter regulation is some than others? Will it work out significantly cheaper to plan the trip yourself rather than jumping on a commercial trip?

I'm asking at the moment more out of general interest but an info would be great!

Cheers.
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums