UKC

Craig Ty Newydd Dyserth - Currently banned!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elfyn Jones 01 Mar 2013
The BMC has just ben informed that the landowner has placed signs at the crag stating that he is suspending access for climbing until further notice.
Please do not climb here until the BMC have made contact with the landowner and established the reasons for this.

I will be arranging a meeting with the landowner as soon as possible, hopefully early next week and will post updates here and on the BMC Regional Access Database.
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/ViewCrag.aspx?id=992

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
 Luke Owens 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Ah, this is bad news!

I hope access is able to be agreed again, it's a great crag!
OP Elfyn Jones 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Good news folks - I met with the landowner today and all is now well again - access restored. But please do stick to the agreed access agreement....this is a sensitive site.

More details on this on the BMC Regional Access Database :-
http://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/ViewCrag.aspx?id=992

Elfyn
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Well played, sir.

jcm
 chers 08 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:Uses it for rearing and shooting birds...what a lovely chap
 Simon Caldwell 09 Mar 2013
In reply to chers:

Nothing wrong with that. Unless you're a vegan I guess.
 doylo 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thanks Elfyn. I've feared for this place ever since we developed it. The farmer was always benevolent but I wondered if it would remain that way when the numbers visiting started to increase. It would be such a shame if it was banned as its a great crag and much time and money has been invested. Unfortunately the access agreement has changed so the A55 guide is out of date but the updated agreement will be in the North wales Lime guide which will be out this year. It's open now until next winter which is great. Remember no dogs people!
 rockcat 10 Mar 2013
In reply to doylo: Cheers Elfyn. The BMC sign posted just by the gate before you enter the valley is correct. There was some confusion due to an additional sign just inside the gate. The only difference with the access agreement published in the A55 guide is that climbing is now banned from October 1st - January 31st every year. Please keep to the access agreement - it would be a tragedy if this quality venue was lost.
 Luke Owens 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Great news Elfyn! Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...