UKC

Jones treadle sewing machine value? 1940's!?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darkskys 01 Mar 2013
I've just moved intone Nanas house and I've found this old sewing machine and wondered if its worth any money?
It's still in decent condition and still actually works!

Does anyone work in the antique business that can give me an idea of its value before I take it to the skip

Many thanks
 Joel Perkin 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Darkskys: What condition is it in?
Sarah G 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Darkskys:
It's not worth very much at all, sadly, especially if it is one that is in a box as opposed to a treadle. Even treadles in good nick might only raise £50. But try not to dump it- put in in the yellow paper (stuff for sale) or preloved or something so it can go to a good home.

Sxx
(I have a lovely Singer treadle, used to have a Jones hand turned m/c)
 DaveHK 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

As an antiques dealer I can tell you that these are very much in vogue right now and highly collectable. A mint model can be worth anything up to £500.
 DaveHK 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

Please disregard my last post.

Sometimes I get a bit over involved whilst watching Vintage Antiques Roadshow.

I'm actually a teacher.
 Glyno 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

If I remember correctly, there was a bit of a fashion a few years ago of people binning the actual sewing machine but using the stand for various garden uses
 Rob Exile Ward 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Glyno: ... and pub tables.
 Greenbanks 01 Mar 2013
In reply to DaveHK:
> (In reply to Darkskys)
>
> Please disregard my last post.
>
> Sometimes I get a bit over involved whilst watching Vintage Antiques Roadshow.
>
> I'm actually a teacher.

Friday night kicked in early then?

OP Darkskys 03 Mar 2013
In reply to Joel Perkin: sorry for the delay in replying. It's in good condition but wouldn't say great. All parts stil working etc.
I managed to have a look online at the value and its looking like upto £100 so ill probably keep it if I can find some use for it. The iron legs alone and treadle would look cool outside if I could convert it into something

Time to get the thinking cap on
 tlm 03 Mar 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

I bought one for a fiver - it's great for making curtains!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...