UKC

Skye, Glen Coe, Nevis Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Where to go this weekend? It seems like everything is melting!
 cookieman 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder: the Ben is in superb condition after friday nights freeze.exceptional day on tower ridge
In reply to cookieman: Good to hear. Ben Nevis is on Monday unless the plan changes, but Tower Ridge is a bit hard. I'm looking at a nice II, maybe a shortish III.
 wilkie14c 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder:
TR isn't that hard, its just long and commiting, Castle Ridge is a shortish III but perhaps technically harder than TR. All subjective as ever! Perhaps Ledge Route would fit the bill?
Was in Glencoe over the last couple of days, although I wasn't up there the Aonach Eagach would have been in stonking nick with blue windless skies. choose well, have fun!
Removed User 01 Mar 2013
All the upper routes in the Ciste are good, and quite a few would fit your description.
The white line / No2 Gully buttress/ No2 Gully / South and central gullies on the Ciste crag are all in good condition. Just be aware of the Ciste crag gully cornices if it goes super warm.

Thanks for the advice, We were thinking maybe Aonach Eagach on Saturday or Sunday. Long and committing are two things my partner on Monday will probably want to avoid! I was thinking about Ledge Route or No. 2 Gully. It's encouraging to hear that the higher stuff is still in.
 AlH 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder: Pics from today on Moonlight Gully. Garadh Gully is still heavily banked out to. Some pics from another lovely day- http://alanhalewood.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/sunshine-on-moonlight.html
 Ewan McKay 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder: Temperature is warm but plenty is still in, bit drippy in places but still bomber. Climbed point 5 today and there was plenty of other teams on the route behind us. Plenty of other routes being sent too. Good site for latest conditions updates and blogs fro local active guides is http://beta-stream.com/region/west_highlands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...