UKC

Birmingham Climbing Walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shkinitrep 01 Mar 2013
What climbing centre is considered to be the best in Birmingham?

I am visiting a friend in the area and we want to go climbing but not sure which are the best.

We also want the best value for money.

Thanks
 althesin 01 Mar 2013
In reply to shkinitrep:
Redpoint, good routes, friendly, if you want VFM, just spend the whole day there
 Bloodfire 01 Mar 2013
In reply to shkinitrep: I second that. It's got the best atmosphere, interesting creative routes and great staff.
 John_Hat 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Bloodfire:
> (In reply to shkinitrep) I second that. It's got the best atmosphere, interesting creative routes and great staff.

Thirded...
 Anhibian 01 Mar 2013
In reply to shkinitrep: I really like Redpoint but I also love Boulder Central. Depends what you want to do. Redpoint has some fantastic leading routes (I love the giant stalactite) but Boulder central is probably my favorite bouldering gym in the area. It's got such a sound atmosphere and is really spacious.
 mhawk 01 Mar 2013
In reply to Anhibian: Again, a big fan of redpoint. Although, I do enjoy getting to boulder central once a week to 'mix it up' great atmos and routes/problems at both. Not personally a big fan of creation wall.
 Harry Thorpe 02 Mar 2013
In reply to shkinitrep: Birmingham Bouldering Centre is awesome.
Annoying Twit 02 Mar 2013
Are there any climbing walls in Birmingham or the midlands that have an autobelay?
 mhawk 04 Mar 2013
In reply to Annoying Twit: None at Redpoint, pretty sure there are none at creation too.
 Cruty Rammers 04 Mar 2013
Only been to Redpoint once, but really enjoyed it. They've some really different routes there, good fun.
 Neil Williams 04 Mar 2013
In reply to alfadax:

Another vote for Redpoint.

Neil
 And Climb 04 Mar 2013
In reply to Annoying Twit: Yes but only at punter places. There's one at star city and one in the go outdoors. Neither are serious. Just for kids to nag their parents about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...