UKC

Verdon Gorge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mike Bradford 03 Mar 2013
I am thinking of going to visit the Verdon Gorge this year at the beginning of April. What will the weather conditions be like?
Will it be cold? Would love some advice from you.
 snoop6060 03 Mar 2013
In reply to Mike Bradford:

It'll be warm in the sun. Good conditions for climbing that time of year.
 yorkshireman 03 Mar 2013
In reply to snoop6060:

I was there last Easter (so think mid-end of April) and it was sunny but a really cold wind meant it didn't feel warm.

You have to accept that nothing is guaranteed that time of year.
 Nick_Scots 03 Mar 2013
I would imagine it would be spring like showers, rather than cold. It's at transition area from the Alps to the Med. so catches wet weather in Spring.
 alpinist63 04 Mar 2013
early april can be really good but it's also possible to get some cold and wet weather, sometimes even snow.. if camping, the evenings will be pretty cold ( for southern france..)but the pub isn't far away
if the weather turns out to be too bad, warmer and drier crags are only an hour and a half away further south.
 David Rose 04 Mar 2013
In reply to Mike Bradford: I was there once in April. The first day was great. Then it rained for two days solid. Half a day of sun - then more rain, sand days more were forecast, so we bailed. Lower-lying Provencal crags were ok. It is in the Alps!

Spent ten days there that time last year; about three climbing days, the rest of the time it either rained or snowed.

On the other hand I did the same thing ten years ago and got sunburned.

Tricky.

jcm
 Nick_Scots 04 Mar 2013
Bailing out to the Crags around Nice, Cap Drammont etc would be a good option.
Mike Bradford 04 Mar 2013
In reply to Mike Bradford: Thank you very much to you all who have taken the trouble to answer my query. Very useful!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...