Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Coub week 311

AJM - on 03 Mar 2013
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (310) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=539879

Posters:
AJM
deacondeacon - got to take the days out when you can get them this time of year!
Si dH - quick 7A+ crush before the skiing, nice one!
JimmyKay - sounds like a good trip. Can momentum help you get around the whole "pop out of a static position" thing, avoid the lock bit by moving straight through it maybe?
Daniel Heath - your week is very heavy compared with mine! Did you get out at Millstone?
Kevster - I'd dovetail the fingerboarding with the rest of your training in terms of how you structure sessions, gives your body a consistent message. 
Eagle River - how was Malham?
IainRUK - steady miles. What's the next big race/event for you?
kylieo - definitely sounds like 7a time
DoctorU - nice one on the 6b! Good week...
Ian Bell - good variety of walls there, means you can't get too used to one style I guess? How was Font?
Exile - impressed at how you manage to pack all those short sessions in. It's really something I need to take inspiration from at the moment. 
seankenny - as long as you're doing a bit you're still maintaining, that's the way I'm seeing it at the moment...
Joughton - sounds like a pretty manic week - one rest day and that due to exhaustion? Lots of stuff done, nice one. 
pork pie girl - lots of hard stuff tried on that trip!
Ally Smith - impressed with the psyche for lamplight sessions. Bet the roast was good after a beasting day Saturday!
Sankey - I've never really got any desire to lead consenting, just not a route I get on with at all... Can't offer much on peak recommendations, although Si might be able to point you in the right direction?
Luke Owens - sounds like a good day out Sunday!
NMN - rest week
mrchewy - jealous of the winter action!
maria85 - well done on the Parkrun and again, jealous of the winter action
leon - hope you're feeling better
biscuit - hope the day out was good? A solid day out to focus on each week has got to be good for giving a plan structure. 
AllyBee - goals have to fit in with life. If goals are achieveable you'll push yourself to do it but if they were never realistic anyway then I find it so much harder to go all out knowing I'll still not make them. 
Nomics4sale - sounds like a great trip, well done!
Jamming Dodger - favourite bike back then?
mattrm - don't get disheartened by one bad session - they happen, just take what you can from it and look forwards to doing better in the next one...
... not showing 76 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums