ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - when to go for smaller shoes

Sleepy_trucker - on 03 Mar 2013
Reading up when I started out, the general opinion seemed to be to go for climbing shoes that were close to comfortable, as opposed to not comfortable but more precise - I bought accordingly and they've served me well.

However, climbing today, I noticed I'm just not doing much good with anything small that I need to use as a foothold. I'm the first to say it's something I've not really worked at much and I do intend to concentrate on it. Erm, without wanting to be the bad workman, I kinda feel my shoes lack something - like my toes (especially the outside) aren't on the edge. I'm climbing roughly 6b and can't help but wonder if I'm on the limit of what more comfortable shoes can do for me?

I'll not rush into anything obviously, I'll go work at it for a bit and see how I feel but hoped you guys could offer any advice or pointers?
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums