/ Preventing sores on outside of little toes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tsarted - on 04 Mar 2013
I don't tend to get many sores or blisters in general, but I seem to be quite prone to getting sores on the outside of my little toes.

Is there a good type of stretch tape or similar that someone could recommend for wrapping round my little toes before a run?

Thanks
IainRUK - on 04 Mar 2013
In reply to tsarted: Either standard micropore or a dab of vaseline..

What socks? try either double socks or at least proper running socks..
tsarted - on 04 Mar 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Thanks for that - are there any good socks you can recommend for hillrunning? I'm usually only running for up to an hour or so, usually about 400m or so ascent.
wbo - on 04 Mar 2013
In reply to tsarted: What do you wear now? Thick or thin?
tsarted - on 04 Mar 2013
In reply to wbo:

Fairly thick I guess. Quite new to hillrunning so still experimenting with different things.
gear boy - on 04 Mar 2013
In reply to tsarted: Is this being caused by the shoe? is it too wide so you are sliding and causing rubbing or too narrow so it rubs?

Both feet? one foot? is it just when traversing?

wrapping tape neatly around a little toe is a sod to do, but in the past i just used finger tape as that's what i had
IainRUK - on 04 Mar 2013
In reply to tsarted: I like hilly twin skin anklets.. they get destroyed so do't last long but I guess thats because they take the friction..

But for general fell running I'll use any regular inov8, peteblands or asics socks. Generally just any specific running sock.. I find its worth paying for decent socks. Supermarket cheapo's don't last and lose shape fast.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.