UKC

Quadcopter video of Jubilee Tower, Moel Famau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richprideaux 04 Mar 2013
One of the more popular diminutive summits in North Wales, shot from an 'interesting' viewpoint:

youtube.com/watch?v=mHzOu3nyZ24&

I quite like these quadcopter things. Wish they had been around when I was selling R/C stuff as a Saturday job... Probably some potential for use when making climbing videos...
 ankyo 04 Mar 2013
In reply to richprideaux: that's really cool Richard. Do you use them in MR to help with searches?
 mypyrex 04 Mar 2013
In reply to richprideaux: Good video. What's the construction work at the tower?
 pneame 04 Mar 2013
In reply to richprideaux:
That takes me back to a school trip when I was 10. Quite a long time ago.
Very nice. Thanks for posting.
And, my curiosity took over: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-21602019
 Tom Valentine 04 Mar 2013
In reply to pneame:

One of my favourite summits, well shown .
OP richprideaux 05 Mar 2013
In reply to ankyo:
> (In reply to richprideaux) that's really cool Richard. Do you use them in MR to help with searches?

Not at the moment, the battery life and other limitations make the Mk. 1 human eyeball the tool of choice for now.
 duchessofmalfi 05 Mar 2013
Doesn't this just annoy the **** out of anyone else on the hill?
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Probably less so than the JCB working on the summit...

I think they're pretty quiet actually, in any kind of wind stronger than a breeze you probably wouldn't hear it...
 obi-wan nick b 05 Mar 2013
In reply to richprideaux: What sort of Quadcopter do you have what's the range and payload - will it take the weight of a gopro with wifi back?

thanks
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

It's not mine, video was by a friend but I'm sure he will be able to answer your question via the Youtube channel...
 Siward 05 Mar 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...