Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Female Friendly Climbing Packs!

Beth-Cath-T - on 04 Mar 2013
Hi

A big desperate plea to all the women out there about climbing packs. I have owned an Osprey Ariel 55 (designed for women)for hillwalking and it's brilliant if not a bit "strappy" but too clumpy for climbing and sits too high to wear a helmet and successfully look up at the same time with!
After some research I bought a Podsac alpine 40 in small and although the size is good the arm straps are far too chunky and thick and pretty much cover my whole shoulder leaving it difficult to stick both arms in the air....sort of needed for climbing. I have had to return it.
I am finding next to no provision for women climber packs. I found marmot Freya 35 but there are next to no reviews and it is a lot more weighty than others I have seen. I like the look of Osprey Mutant 38 but there are no women specific designs which I think I need.
Basically would love to hear from women a similar size and shape to me (5' 4", 58kg, typical pear shape, small waist), or even who aren't but can give me some advice (guys included!) who have found climbing packs that work for them.
If any product designers are reading this- GET MORE FEMALE CLIMBING PRODUCTS OUT THERE!!
... not showing 35 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums