/ NEWS: New 8B at Earl Crag for Tom Peckitt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
UKC News - on 05 Mar 2013
Tom Peckitt on PaTina Turner (8B), Earl Crag, 4 kbTom Peckit has added an extremely thin looking new problem to Earl Crag, Yorkshire.

His new problem is a sit-start to the existing crimpy wall climb of Handy Andy's (V7), and Tom has named it PaTina Turner and offered a suggested grade of 8B.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67880

johncook - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Not the most gripping video I've seen. Gave up after watching the guy slip off the same foothold double figures of times. A 1/2 metre slip gets monotonous for the viewer after a couple of times. May be of interest to a small minority, but not me!
snoop6060 - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Respect to Tom for climbing that thing from low down, it looked utterly impossible when when I was trying Handy Andy's. 8B pretty much is the definition of impossible to a punter like myself I suppose tho.
CBA - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to johncook: Why bother posting then? I'm obviously one of the "small minority" with an interest in hard bouldering...well done Tom!
Kevin Woods - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to CBA: Well said.

Good video. A good picture of bouldering in general. (fall fall fall, repeat, then again ... success)
Enty - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

After trying and failing on the stand up Handy Andy's for years I liked that video.

Maybe next time I'll try it without a beanie - Tom got it second go when he took his off.

E
thedatastream on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to Kevin Woods:
> (In reply to CBA) Well said.
>
> Good video. A good picture of bouldering in general. (fall fall fall, repeat, then again ... success)

I agree, good video.
Fraser on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to johncook:
> (In reply to UKC News) Not the most gripping video I've seen.

I must admit, I found it brilliant. The grade is way beyond my abilities, but I could really relate to the repeated failures, increasing exasperation and frustration. I loved it when, after attempt #19 (...or was it #119?), all that was in shot was one upturned leg, followed by another to cross it with. Dejected resignation.

Well done for persevering.
Niels - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
One of the more gripping video's I've seen recently. May not be of interest to a small minority, but I defiantly enjoyed it.
Franco Cookson on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: That was great!
Wiley Coyote - on 06 Mar 2013
In reply to thedatastream:
> (In reply to Kevin Woods)

> I agree, good video.

Each to their own but if you're right I'd hate to see a bad one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.