/ An Teallach conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rony - on 05 Mar 2013
Does anyone know what the conditions are like for the An Teallach traverse? Any information gratefully received.
ccmm on 05 Mar 2013 - host86-151-92-35.range86-151.btcentralplus.com
In reply to rony:

I've not been on it but I saw it from the north last weekend and know that a team walked away from the toll an lochain gullys on Saturday. It was thawing fast but has probably had a refreeze if it's been clear at night.

There was loads of snow on beinn dearg so I'd guess the traverse would still have some snow on it.
Sherlock - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to rony:
no further snow fall(at least at sea level for the last fortnight).
Well above freezing during the day.Cloudy nights recently.
Snow looking patchy but probably more than is apparent from road level and low surrounding hills.
Hope that is of some help.
rony - on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to rony: Thank you both for this info.
In reply to rony: It was patchy but still wintry when I did the traverse two weeks ago - a real alpine mix of lovely neve, soft snow in the sun, dry rock and ice on ledges. Two week old info would normally be useless but there's been little if any precipitation since then I gather. I'd expect it to be pretty stripped on the south side of the ridge by now with plenty of rock and grass showing through. I would still definitely take winter gear
Gwilymstarks on 05 Mar 2013
In reply to rony:

This was last Wednesday if that is of any help http://gwilymstarks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/an-teallach-traverse.html
Kate Landells on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to Gwilymstarks: Hoping to head up to An Teallach this Easter weekend. Any recent thoughts on conditions? Thanks v much. Kate
ads.ukclimbing.com
monkeys on 31 Mar 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.