Bouldering forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Older boulderer high points..?

SeanB - on 06 Mar 2013
Lots of young folk doing some pretty hard boulder problems these days, with kids as young as 11 doing V13 (Ashima) and under 16s regularly knocking out Font 8A and above, it gets everyone quite excited I know, but what about the old guys and girls on the bloc? As far as Sport Climbing is concerned we have Stevie Haston doing his first 9a at 52, Rab Carrington his first 8A at 60 amongst others, but what about bouldering? The young team are impressive for sure, but its the older climbers who generally have more of an uphill battle(injury, time, body composition/decomposition ;-) etc) and I feel its all the more impressive when they pull of high end ascents.So, off the top of your heads, anyone in the 40-60 year old bracket just getting to their high point or maintaining their high point in bouldering? Any 50+ year olds(apart from Montchausse) knocking out font 8a and above?
... not showing 25 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums