UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: New Route - Biggest Roof on Grit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Mar 2013
Jacob Cook - Roaches Roof VIdeo, 3 kbJacob Cook has linked several routes together to create what could be the longest roof climb on grit. One Giant Lip for Mankind (E6/7?) traverses the huge Sloth roof at the Roaches.

The ascent is captured at the end of this video after Jacob's ground up ascent of the E6 New Fi'nial. We liked the speedy footage of the long lip link-up.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67883

ianslade 07 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: I wish I'd been there to photograph that one, did he do it on Saturday?

Well done Jacob, three ropes on the route is an intersting way of trying to stop the swing.
 Kemics 07 Mar 2013
In reply to ianslade:

he looks like a spider building a web speeded up

Impressive stuff being able to get good recovery on sloth on a spot I imagine most people are desperately pumping out!
 Calder 07 Mar 2013
In reply to ianslade:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Well done Jacob, three ropes on the route is an intersting way of trying to stop the swing.

Looks to me like he used it to protect the first section of roof, but jettisoned it so he didn't have rope drag towards the end. Nowt to do with the swing I reckon.

Anyway - looks rocking. What an effort.
 andi turner 07 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Ha, brilliant! What a great fun looking line. Good to see the tied off flake too, good skills.
 SophieEmily 07 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: Excellent Tie Dye.
 Misha 07 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Great eye for a line - how many top climbers must have climbed the other routes there! Good work.
Clauso 08 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Good man. Great stuff. I enjoyed watching that.
 Keendan 08 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, great effort. He made the first half looks so easy. The second half looks very hard indeed.
 Sean_J 09 Mar 2013
In reply to UKC News: More importantly, does this mean that tie dye is back in vogue?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...