UKC

How much is my MTB worth?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kyle Warlow 09 Mar 2013
Hi guys,

I bought this bike brand new in 2009, worth £750 at the time, but want to sell it as I'm getting a road bike for commuting. The bike is exactly as listed in the link, no changes at all. It's in great nick and hasn't seen a lot of off-road use. I have no idea what to ask for it though. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

K

http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/mountain/2442/32686/?collections...
 Frank4short 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: I think the rule of thumb is something like 40% off in the first year and then a further 20% per year after that. So I'd guess something like about £300 give or take.
OP Kyle Warlow 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Frank4short:

Cheers!
 sleavesley 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: you may get more on fleabag but remember about eBay charges. You could try bike radar for a swap too.
 jas wood 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: Have you considered putting schwalbe city jet tyres on the bike you have ? done this on my old mountain bike and it is really comfortable and smooth on the road and flies along. Will cost you £20 or so for the tyres and you still have a mountain bike !

Jason
In reply to jas wood:

Well I dont plan on doing any MTBiking in the near future, and do plan on entering a few Triathlons, so I'll definitely be wanting a half decent road bike. Thanks for the suggestion however.
 Oujmik 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: Owned but unused examples have sold on ebay for £500ish. You'd get a quick sale at £300 I'd have thought. So depending on condition £300-£450 I'd have thought. Might get a better deal if you find a direct swap for a roadie - BikeRadar is the place to post as mentioned.
In reply to Oujmik:

Quicksale would be ideal. I'm hoping to buy from a really good local idepenant shop nearby, who offer an interest-free finance option over 2 years. That way I can afford to get a pretty decent bike and it will be fitted to me specifically.
AndyBeach 14 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

As others have said £300 seems about right
 Dan Lane 14 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

What size is it? I'm potentially very interested!
 luke_rob123 14 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

Have you tried www.webuyanymountainbike.com
OP Kyle Warlow 15 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

Just a heads up so I don't get any more emails...

This bike is now sold (provisionally).

Cheers,
K.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...