/ How much is my MTB worth?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kyle Warlow - on 09 Mar 2013
Hi guys,

I bought this bike brand new in 2009, worth 750 at the time, but want to sell it as I'm getting a road bike for commuting. The bike is exactly as listed in the link, no changes at all. It's in great nick and hasn't seen a lot of off-road use. I have no idea what to ask for it though. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

K

http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/mountain/2442/32686/?collections_id=4
Frank4short - on 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: I think the rule of thumb is something like 40% off in the first year and then a further 20% per year after that. So I'd guess something like about 300 give or take.
In reply to Frank4short:

Cheers!
sleavesley on 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: you may get more on fleabag but remember about eBay charges. You could try bike radar for a swap too.
jas wood - on 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: Have you considered putting schwalbe city jet tyres on the bike you have ? done this on my old mountain bike and it is really comfortable and smooth on the road and flies along. Will cost you 20 or so for the tyres and you still have a mountain bike !

Jason
In reply to jas wood:

Well I dont plan on doing any MTBiking in the near future, and do plan on entering a few Triathlons, so I'll definitely be wanting a half decent road bike. Thanks for the suggestion however.
Oujmik - on 09 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.: Owned but unused examples have sold on ebay for 500ish. You'd get a quick sale at 300 I'd have thought. So depending on condition 300-450 I'd have thought. Might get a better deal if you find a direct swap for a roadie - BikeRadar is the place to post as mentioned.
In reply to Oujmik:

Quicksale would be ideal. I'm hoping to buy from a really good local idepenant shop nearby, who offer an interest-free finance option over 2 years. That way I can afford to get a pretty decent bike and it will be fitted to me specifically.
AndyBeach - on 14 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

As others have said 300 seems about right
Dan Lane - on 14 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

What size is it? I'm potentially very interested!
luke_rob123 - on 14 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

Have you tried www.webuyanymountainbike.com
ads.ukclimbing.com
Kyle Warlow - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to K.W.:

Just a heads up so I don't get any more emails...

This bike is now sold (provisionally).

Cheers,
K.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.