UKC

renoamend me a rock boot....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 09 Mar 2013
....suitable as an all rounder from indoor to long days out and short, hard pitches.

Can be lace-up or velcro.

AT
 Strachan 09 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
> ....suitable as an all rounder

Edelrid Hurricane. Really comfy, I use mine for bouldering and all-day crag sessions without any discomfort.
 Nathan Adam 09 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Boreal Jokers, really good all round shoe.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 09 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
> ....suitable as an all rounder from indoor to long days out and short, hard pitches.

Just as there is no car that will seat 7 and fit end on into roadside parking, there is no such shoe. So anything that's comfortable.
OP AdCo82 09 Mar 2013
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

I knew I'd get one reply like this, so, just what people have found to be nice for a few different types then at least I have some idea of ones to try
 CharlieMack 10 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Scarpa vapour v/ sportiva miura/ 5.10 anasazi. just pop off the heels on big multipitch
 ripper 10 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: The real answer is of course you need two pairs if you really want to cover all bases - I use 5.10 Anasazi VCS for almost everything but for really long easy-ish multipitch (Dolomites for eg) I have a pair of 5.10 Spires in a half-size bigger, which are comfy with thin socks. And because I don't wear them that often they're still going strong at four years old, so a good investment.
 LaMentalist 10 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

I've got 4 & half different pair/s at the moment* and my clear favourites are currently La Sportiva Cliff 5 not the most technical shoe but I tend to climb better in them as they are the comfiest by far , great for all day multi pitch trad & short over hanging sport & bouldering , fine indoors for over hanging easyish ( F6b ) too .

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair .

* I lost one .

And my mates got two sheds ( seriously , crazy I know ) !
andic 10 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Evolve bandits, a really comfy shoe and quite capable.
 mataius 10 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

La Sportiva Miura... a little pricey, but if they fit your feet they will do everything! I believe a certain Mr. Ondra climbs some decent stuff in them.
 Martin Bennett 10 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

5.10 Newton - they brought 'em back by popular demand but now being discontinued again hence good price if you can find 'em - I got a spare pair (while I still could) under half price at Rockrun.com recently.

I also have a couple of pairs of 5.10 Spire - has there ever been a more comfy shoe?

I use these for everything - with me that's up to about 5b/F6a+ single pitch to all day. At these grades I don't see the need for "technical" shoes at all.
August West 10 Mar 2013
In reply to LaMentalist:
>
> And my mates got two sheds ( seriously , crazy I know ) !

Is he called Arthur Jackson ...?

LaMentalist 10 Mar 2013
In reply to Furthur:
> (In reply to LaMentalist)
> [...]
>
> Is he called Arthur Jackson ...?

You have an exceptional memory Furthur ... 80)

neuromancer 11 Mar 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

If you have wide feet, vapours or instinct laces are basically miuras but comfier.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...