Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club week 312

Ali - on 10 Mar 2013
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (310) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=540835

Posters:
AJM - good progress on the van! Sometimes life gets in the way of training for a time, but sounds like you're maintaining fitness so you shouldn't be losing anything
JimmyKay - good work on T crack - always good motivation to get a project ticked :-)
IainRUK - congratulations on the win and a new PB to boot! Very impressive. Must be looking good for the 100k
Jamming Dodger - how are you getting on with the goals? Maybe need to include some climbing sessions if you're looking to get to 7a...
Kevster - enjoy Scotland - hope the weather stays good and looking forward to hearing what you get done
leon - how did you get on this week? Hope you managed to fit a bit more in and you've got rid of the illness
Sankey - agree with AJM about consenting though seem to remember peak 7as being fairly polished too - there's one at Rubicon (can't remember name) which is steep and fairly doable I think?
Exile - good week considering you knew work would be busy - always difficult to balance family and training but you seem to be doing a good job of it!
Ian Bell - argghh! Nightmare on the injury - hope its better now and you can get another trip booked in soon :-)
Joughton - looks like you had a great week in Spain Jake - were you deliberately focusing on onsighting or did it just turn out that way? Good work on the first aid course - always good if they make it a bit more realistic - the best course I did ended in a multiple casualty triage situation in an abandoned railways tunnel in the dark!
biscuit - hope the weather improved for you - always frustrating when it gets in the way... have you thought about joining a swimming/triathlon club or getting some swim coaching? Will def help with motivation and improving technique...
NMN - sounds like you made the most of what time you had - good effort - working late always takes it out of me
pork pie girl - good effort - mileage will pay off and I'm constantly impressed at how motivated you are to get stuff done, even if you're not feeling great. Have you done Rose Coronary or Frankenstein? Both nicer routes than consenting (and I don't like Puddlejumper for some reason) and you'd tick them quick
mattrm - sounds a better week - always nice to get out in the hills. Hope the toe gets better soon - must be frustrating
Daniel Heath - I wouldn't necessarily say climbing E7 clean is weak but I know what you mean :-) If its working for what you want now then that's the main thing - and now you know skyhooks work! :-S
deacondeacon - Nice to have so many days out! Time on the crag def beats training if you can do it :-)
mrchewy - but first you need to get better! It's crap but there is no point exercising if you're sick - you;ll just prolong things. Hope you're feeling better and can get more done this week
Nomics4sale - awesome work on the 7a flash in Spain - impressed! SS does feel desperate but I think its because its sequency and hard on the skin...
ally smith - Awesome work on Hatch Life. I think sometimes you can underestimate how hard you tried when ticking a route and how much it takes out of you - I would beat yourself up about it!
grubes - hope car crash not too bad? Work trips aways always hard - try and get back on the training this week
Eagle River - good work on Tremalo - keeping my fingers crossed for good weather in April! I have seen many people repeatedly fall off the last move on Raindogs on lead so I totally get what you say about how far off it feels! But all progress is good!
seankenny - rest, get better and psyched for more training this week!
kylieo - sounds like you're making some good improvements - keep up the good work
DoctorU - Like the Bagpuss idea :-) Hope you manage to get a bit more done this week
Luke Owens - wow, exciting news about the new route - nothing like a first ascent for motivation!
maria85 - great week - well done. I remember doing Red Gully years ago (when I did winter climbing) and loved it!

... not showing 107 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums