Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - LloydsTSB debit card fraud.

Phil Payne - on 10 Mar 2013
What do you think my chances are of getting my money back?

I was just online last night checking to see if Samsung have finally given me my 50 cashback from before Christmas when I realised that there was a discrepancy of 165 between the account balance and available funds.

This is an account that I don't use very often and I was certain that nothing was due to come out of it.

I phoned the customer support up this morning and asked them if they can tell me where this money is going and if they can stop it. It turns out that it's for 27 seperate mobile phone top-ups with O2. I haven't got and have never had an O2 mobile phone and I've been out of the country for a while, so clearly these are made by me.

The man at customer support told me that he wasn't able to stop the money from leaving my account, wasn't able to put a total block on the account to prevent further transactions and that I would have to wait for the funds to clear and then take it up with the fraud department.

He then used the opportunity to try and sell me a credit card, because I would be better protected from fraud with one because it's not my money if something like this happens in the future! What sort of crap customer service is this?

Anyone else had this happen to them with a debit card? What are the chances of me getting my money back? The impression that I got was that they don't care, because it's my money, but they would really care about it if it was a credit card, because that would be their money.

AAAAARRRRGGHHH! So angry right now!
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums