/ Biofuel stove?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andrew breckill - on 12 Mar 2013
Any one use one? Sounds am interesting idea, does it do what it says on the tin?
Guy Hurst - on 12 Mar 2013
In reply to andrew breckill: They're cool. Unfortunately.
Frank4short - on 12 Mar 2013
In reply to andrew breckill: What is this biofuel you speak of? And will it not work in a regular MSR?
Simon Caldwell - on 12 Mar 2013
In reply to andrew breckill:

Looked interesting, until I noticed the weight (best part of 1kg). Would be potentially useful for a very long backpacking trip I suppose.
In reply to Toreador: aye weight is a bit of an issue, was wondering if it would be any use on my upcoming long trip to timerlayas, being able to recharge head torch etc sounds useful. This type of stove without the heat to leccy unit can be found weighing all of 5 ounces so I guess the bulk of the weight is the power pack.
mkean - on 12 Mar 2013
Wow, the efficiency figures aren't going to be worrying the big power companies! 5KW of heat translating into 4W of electrickery, so an efficiency of less than 0.1% I wonder what the lifetime of the TECs in them is, as the small number of homebrew versions I've seen had a habit of burning out?
professionalwreckhead - on 12 Mar 2013
professionalwreckhead - on 12 Mar 2013

You'll also DEFINITELY need some of these:

google "Pre-Packaged-Organic-Fuel-Rods-Biolite-Wood-Burning-Camp-Stoves-Trail-Stove", on ebay
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to professionalwreckhead: excellent, they are a bit like those genuine wands featured in big bang theory.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.