/ Bridge of Orchy area - conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0004537w - on 13 Mar 2013
Anyone been in the area recently? Is anything on Beinn an Dothaidh or Beinn Udlaidh in nick? Hoping to head up there tomorrow.
baileyswalk - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to 0004537w:

Was in there on Sunday conditions were great, a little thin but still good. We did Taxus, but the mixed stuff looked good and the only gully line that wasnt complete was Haar.
DafMorris - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to baileyswalk: Did Cirrus on Monday, and soloed Taxus and Haar this morning, snow and ice generally very good in the coire. Taxus getting a bit chopped mind!
Milesy - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to DafMorris:

What grade did you put Haar at? It looked much harder than III to me. It only seemed like a thin streak all the way?
Nigel Thomson - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to DafMorris)
>
> What grade did you put Haar at? It looked much harder than III to me. It only seemed like a thin streak all the way?

It's III.
DafMorris - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Milesy: Once you're past the initial ice pitch it's more like a II to the top with a couple of short narrow ice steps. The initial pitch is fairly steep but it is quite short, then you reach a nice little ledge before continuing up the narrows. Having said all this it is harder than taxus in my opinion particularly the first pitch. Can't comment on gear due to the solo so wasn't really looking too hard, but as you say the ice was quite thin for the first step.
Milesy - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to the weegy:

Aye I know what the guidebook says but dont fancy being sandbagged with lean conditions :)
Milesy - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to DafMorris:

Cheers mate. Fancy giving it another bash then.
Nigel Thomson - on 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Milesy: I wasn't referring to the guidebook, just my assumption based on 14 seperate ascents in varying conditions.
awwritetroops on 14 Mar 2013
In reply to the weegy:

Sweet.
Milesy - on 14 Mar 2013
In reply to the weegy:
> (In reply to Milesy) I wasn't referring to the guidebook, just my assumption based on 14 seperate ascents in varying conditions.

You want to climb it wae me then Nigel?
ads.ukclimbing.com
Bogieman - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to the weegy)
> [...]
>
> You want to climb it wae me then Nigel?

Sweet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.