ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Routes- The Voting System

MarkRoe - on 13 Mar 2013
It's come to my attention that UKC is full of people who vote for upon the grades and quality of routes that they have never climbed and sometimes know very little about. To give an example: last summer myself and my brother tried a route a that in all probability hasn't seen an ascent in a number of years, (due to it's grade, location ect). Both of us managed it on lead with one rest and vowed to return for the clean lead. I added the route from the FRCC website to UKC, logged it as dogged, and voted on the grade and quality of the route. When I looked at it again yesterday (despite it almost certainly having never been attempted since) a number of people have voted on it, seeming randomly.

The same theme can be seen in lots of routes, especially those at the highest grade. Routes like Indian Face and Equilibrium have votes all over the place in every category, presumably mostly by people who have done little more than look at it or watch a video.

Please get me wrong, i'm not bitter and I don't have an answer for this. I just wonder why people do o.O
... not showing 54 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums