UKC

DWS instruction ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cliff S 15 Mar 2013
I have been climbing for about 4 years and have become confident sport climbing. I would like to get into some deep water soloing (DWS) but would like some instruction.

I also prefer warmer water.

Any ideas?

Cheers
 Tom Last 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Cliff S:

Could you try Neil Gresham, pretty successful deep water soloist?

On the other hand what instruction do you think you need? Start (stick) with S0s, learn about tides, check the depth regardless of what guide tells you etc. Should be a few articles around of how to hit the water properly. If you can climb, you can dws, just be sensible insofar as any of it is sensible! Costa Blanca could be a good bet, but the south coast is plenty warm enough come the end of summer.

Good luck.
 Alun 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Cliff S:
> Any ideas?

Buy the DWS guidebook to Mallorca, go there with some friends. Fall off a lot. Have a lot of fun.
 Cheese Monkey 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Cliff S: I'm an instructor. Here you go. Climb route, fall off, try to hit water as controlled as possible.

£500 please.
 Mark Eddy 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Cliff S: Could be worth getting in touch with the Orange House in Costa Blanca
 Sam Mayfield 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Cliff S:

Come and join us 2nd week in September, not much to teach but great to give it a go in lovely warm water and with loads of people messing around!

http://theorangehouse.co.uk/rock-climbing-areas/dws

More details on our Facebook page

Sam orange house

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...