UKC

Recommend me a compact digital camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Happy Haggis 15 Mar 2013
I have quite an old compact digital camera, but am thinking of replacing it. I find that a lot of my landscape photos in the mountains end up looking really washed out.

Any recommendations for a compact digital camera that would be good for climbing and mountaineering photos, especially landscapes of mountain scenery?

Many thanks for any suggestions.
 Toerag 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: panasonic Ft 2 gets the thumbs up from andy kirkpatrick. I have an ft 1 and it's fine although in retrospect I'd like a camera that has aperture priority.
 GridNorth 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: I have a Canon Power Shot A1300 which I love because it has a viewfinder. In fact that is why I bought it. I got fed up with the guesswork trying to capture ice climbing shots in sunshine with the normal screen found on most other compacts.
Duncan_Andison 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis:

Depending on your budget, try a Sony RX100. Best quality compact around at the moment.
 Kai 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Duncan_Andison:

Yes, the Sony RX100 is really the best compact camera available right now.

I also have a Canon S100, and a Panasonic LX5, and the Sony is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

Very high image quality, excellent lens, and in a very tiny, easily pocketable size.
 Blue Straggler 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis:
> I find that a lot of my landscape photos in the mountains end up looking really washed out.

Try setting the exposure compensation to -0.7

OP Happy Haggis 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: thanks, all. Very helpful!
 dale1968 16 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: another happy punter/rx100

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...