/ Recommend me a compact digital camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Happy Haggis - on 15 Mar 2013
I have quite an old compact digital camera, but am thinking of replacing it. I find that a lot of my landscape photos in the mountains end up looking really washed out.

Any recommendations for a compact digital camera that would be good for climbing and mountaineering photos, especially landscapes of mountain scenery?

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Toerag - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: panasonic Ft 2 gets the thumbs up from andy kirkpatrick. I have an ft 1 and it's fine although in retrospect I'd like a camera that has aperture priority.
GridNorth - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: I have a Canon Power Shot A1300 which I love because it has a viewfinder. In fact that is why I bought it. I got fed up with the guesswork trying to capture ice climbing shots in sunshine with the normal screen found on most other compacts.
Duncan_Andison - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis:

Depending on your budget, try a Sony RX100. Best quality compact around at the moment.
Kai - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Duncan_Andison:

Yes, the Sony RX100 is really the best compact camera available right now.

I also have a Canon S100, and a Panasonic LX5, and the Sony is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

Very high image quality, excellent lens, and in a very tiny, easily pocketable size.
Blue Straggler - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis:
> I find that a lot of my landscape photos in the mountains end up looking really washed out.

Try setting the exposure compensation to -0.7

Happy Haggis - on 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: thanks, all. Very helpful!
dale1968 - on 16 Mar 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis: another happy punter/rx100

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.