UKC

Problem playing BBC Player on Chrome browser

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've just bought a new MacBook Pro and the Flash Player is not working on the BBC News website when using Chrome, through it's working fine on Safari and Firefox. Chrome tells me that the correct/latest Flash player is installed. So any idea what I'm doing wrong? At present I just get a little square with question mark where the video screen should be. I've looked at innumerable help forums, but nothing has worked so far ...
 Bob Hughes 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Same here. I think that Chrome doesn't always play nice with Flash
 Little Brew 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: remember reading on some Mac forum that Chrome and iPlayer don't play well together, i use FireFox if i can on any machine as that seems to support most of the stuff i use.
 jasonC abroad 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

I had this problem and found something on one of the faq's saying that the iPlayer has a problem with Chrome on a Mac, it would not download anything and was constantly trying to install Abode Air. The only solution is to use another browser.

Jason
In reply to jasonC abroad:

Thanks everyone. Reassuring to hear others have have same problem. ... but it worked OK on my previous Mac. Mind you, this new Mac is incredible in every other respect, with fantastic speed and memory, and rather clever new touch pad ... that takes a bit of getting used to.
 EeeByGum 15 Mar 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Chrome was running iPlayer fine on my PC last night.
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Presumably Mountain Lion? I've a Mac running Lion and iPlayer is fine in Chrome. Sorry I can't be of more help.

ALC
 jasonC abroad 15 Mar 2013
In reply to EeeByGum:

I think it works when your just streaming but I could not get it to download series to the iPlayer desktop app via Chrome.

J

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...