Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Sea Kayak

Toby_W - on 15 Mar 2013
So I've moved near the sea and am desperate to get out on the water, explore the local rivers and coast. Local club seems good.

I've raced a sea kayak a few times, done a few day trips down rivers and done a white water course but aside from this am an utter novice.

So:
1. I need something cheap to get out on so I can get a feel for what I want to paddle in.
2. There are a few plastic boats around about that look nice, stable etc and a P&H sirius HF that's a bit battered but obviously glass and not really for a novice but it would be more fun and put me on a steeper learning curve (more expensive but still cheap being 2nd hand). I'm going to go and sit in it today. I'm just shy of 6'3 and 76kgs.

I'm tempted by the sirius as it may prove a good fit and I'm one of these sickening people who learns things very quickly and easily.

Anyone got any pearls of wisdom they can share?

Cheers

Toby
... not showing 19 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums