/ Campsites convenient to the gornergrat cable car in Zermatt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stujbro - on 17 Mar 2013
Hi, im heading into the Monte Rosa group in July for some wild camping and peak bagging but would like to have a base in Zermatt as close to the cable car as possible.

Does anybody know of any good campsites there??

Thanks
caradoc - on 17 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro: There used to be one by the station which is the only official campsite in Zermatt I think. It was fairly noisy, especially in the morning when the trains got going and I think there was a plan to build there. Ten minutes walk to the Gornergrat railway station. Otherwise you can camp down the valley at Tasch, Attermanze I think and get a shuttle up to Zermatt.
Stujbro - on 17 Mar 2013
In reply to caradoc: Thanks for that, i think ive found one called camping matterhorn which may be close to zermatt, trying to email them to find out exactly.
IPPurewater on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro: http://www.restaurant-holeinone.ch/en/home/home.html

This is the link to the Camping Attermanzen. It is in Randa, a little below Zermatt. They run a minibus taxi into Zermatt and back. It was reasonably priced when we were there about 5 years ago. The railway station is a short walk too.

Ian
Stujbro - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: Thanks for that, much appreciated!
RKernan - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

Camping matterhorn is the one beside the station. It's quite small and in town, don't expect anything too pleasant but it's a bit handier than Tasch if you don't plan to spend too much time in Zermatt itself. Beware of trains and the parade of goats at 9am/4pm every day.
Hendofan - on 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro:
As you come out the station turn left and about 5 mins down on the left theres a site. It has the immence benefit of having a shower and drinking water. I think it was 7 euros a night. After wild camping on the mountain for a few days its like the hilton!
ads.ukclimbing.com
devon_roadie - on 22 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

Whilst the Zermatt one is no frills, it's in view of the Matterhorn which is very nice :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.