UKC

Campsites convenient to the gornergrat cable car in Zermatt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stujbro 17 Mar 2013
Hi, im heading into the Monte Rosa group in July for some wild camping and peak bagging but would like to have a base in Zermatt as close to the cable car as possible.

Does anybody know of any good campsites there??

Thanks
 caradoc 17 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro: There used to be one by the station which is the only official campsite in Zermatt I think. It was fairly noisy, especially in the morning when the trains got going and I think there was a plan to build there. Ten minutes walk to the Gornergrat railway station. Otherwise you can camp down the valley at Tasch, Attermanze I think and get a shuttle up to Zermatt.
Stujbro 17 Mar 2013
In reply to caradoc: Thanks for that, i think ive found one called camping matterhorn which may be close to zermatt, trying to email them to find out exactly.
 IPPurewater 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro: http://www.restaurant-holeinone.ch/en/home/home.html

This is the link to the Camping Attermanzen. It is in Randa, a little below Zermatt. They run a minibus taxi into Zermatt and back. It was reasonably priced when we were there about 5 years ago. The railway station is a short walk too.

Ian
Stujbro 19 Mar 2013
In reply to IPPurewater: Thanks for that, much appreciated!
 RKernan 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

Camping matterhorn is the one beside the station. It's quite small and in town, don't expect anything too pleasant but it's a bit handier than Tasch if you don't plan to spend too much time in Zermatt itself. Beware of trains and the parade of goats at 9am/4pm every day.
Hendofan 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro:
As you come out the station turn left and about 5 mins down on the left theres a site. It has the immence benefit of having a shower and drinking water. I think it was 7 euros a night. After wild camping on the mountain for a few days its like the hilton!
 devon_roadie 22 Mar 2013
In reply to Stujbro:

Whilst the Zermatt one is no frills, it's in view of the Matterhorn which is very nice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...