UKC

Any one else out on their bikes today?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 17 Mar 2013
It was bloody horrible conditions, pissed it down all day, and I'm only just thawing now. Took the MTB out for a blast around Swinley - some of the new tracks are looking good
 mr rob 17 Mar 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Was great in the peak, no wind, no rain, no snow and lots of mud
 Liam M 17 Mar 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Went along to Otley CC run for the first time. Just a short pootle to Bolton Abbey and back over Langbar as we got a sense of what the paces of the groups were like, but lovely, calm and occasionally sunny ride. Loads out around there today.
 aquazepp 17 Mar 2013
50 miles in the White Peak today - dry, windy & muddy

Did the Lionheart Sportif in Wiltshire today - first 2 hours blizzard conditions!
 chris bedford 17 Mar 2013
Sent the wife out to do the Marlow duathlon (great event BTW) - apparently some folks being treated for hypothermia.
 gethin_allen 17 Mar 2013
I thought this was going to be a boasting thread about how good the conditions were. The weather was beautiful in south wales and I was back at the parents house wishing I could be out on the bike.
 AlasdairM 17 Mar 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Horrible day, but I still got in 30 miles on the MTB. I turned back twice in the Pentlands due to the slush being impossible to get any traction in and a horrible head wind. I then dropped down and did some stuff lower where the snow and slush was replaced with mud.

Probably an eleven out of ten in terms of muck.
 Kimono 17 Mar 2013
raced the clock around El Choco this afternoon...sunny and about 30C
In reply to kieran b: gorgeous day down bristol way, was out in shorts for the first time this year.
 Lurking Dave 17 Mar 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Slightly damp down on the otherside of the world... but the new Cotic has just been built up so... perfect day for a ride.

I now understand what Horse is on about. Great fun.
Cheers
LD
 Enty 17 Mar 2013

Bit windy on the flat out to Petra but awesome up the climb to Lluc and down to Pollenca.

E
 nniff 18 Mar 2013

I took my new wheels out for a play on Sunday. A distinct improvement and I was absolutely flying (blissfully unaware of how strong the wind was behind me). I even got a wagged finger from a policeman with a speed trap, which made my day (it was downhill a bit to be fair). If he'd been a mile up the road he would have had good cause to pull me over.

Then I got to go the other way - uphill, into the gale and the newly arrived torrential rain. It wasn't pretty.
 lesleyann 18 Mar 2013
I spent Saturday and sunday at Glentress. Both days it snowed and rained till after lunch. Lots of snow in places and puddles but great fun. Had the trails to ourselves after about 2.30/3pm on both days which was great.

Out both days on my road bike. Managed to avoid (just) a big shower on Saturday, just a light cool breeze yesterday. A group or two out on Saturday but only saw one other cyclist on Sunday though it was afternoon when we set off.

ALC
 AlisonSmiles 18 Mar 2013

Didn't rain on me either. Road ride around the Cheshire lanes on Saturday and Mountain bike in the Peak District Sunday. Makes me sad for those who didn't get out and about!
 steveriley 18 Mar 2013
Hill reps round the corner, it beats enjoying yourself. Lovely and sunny though, one grade lighter of glove
 quirky 20 Mar 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Did the AE forest red route, breaking trail throught 6 ins to a foot of heavy snow....not highly recommended!!!
 Enty 20 Mar 2013

182km in 6 hours, up and over The Puig Major in a bunch containing Stephen Burke and Malcolm Elliot - I'll be remembering this one for a long long time.

E
Ian Black 20 Mar 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Been riding this winter in all conditions, trough, lakes, N yorks...Saturdays and sundays more than 100 mile each day in prep for the Raid Pyrenean in June. Descending Kirkstone about 4 weeks ago heading towards Pooley bridge and shap, slush on the road and fresh snow falling, bloody hairy!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...