UKC

Torridon/Ullapool Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 midweekjolly2 17 Mar 2013
Anyone been out round here recently or know what conditions are like? Contemplating climbing up to grade III not sure how much snow has been put down higher up?
 Andy Nisbet 17 Mar 2013
In reply to midweekjolly1:

I was on Beinn Dearg today. There was a lot of fresh snow. Tried Fenian Gully but there was little ice. The turf was frozen on the buttress on the left.
OP midweekjolly2 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
Thanks
 PAJames 20 Mar 2013
In reply to midweekjolly1: There is a fair amount of snow down to 600m, isolated coastal mountains higher. Very windy also, plenty of wind slab in lots of places. I have been on Quinag and Cul Mor last couple of days. Some drifting, with lots of rime on the rocks, including rime on windslab. http://pjmountains.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/19-03-13-quinag-assynt-northern.h...
In reply to midweekjolly1:
Anybody know what the conditions on Ben Bhan are like? I figured Mad Hatters/March Hare gullies may have hung on to some of the old snow anyway...
 Andy Nisbet 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey:
> Anybody know what the conditions on Ben Bhan are like? I figured Mad Hatters/March Hare gullies may have hung on to some of the old snow anyway...

There is plenty of snow and the turf is frozen. But I was looking from Beinn Damh yesterday so couldn't see the ice. I think there will be less ice than before but still probably enough (maybe just)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...