UKC

Font weather help, urgent please!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Beardyman 18 Mar 2013
Hey folks, I'm supposed to be going to font on thurs for a week, unfortunately due to shitty circumstances I was about to change my flight to the Sunday. This would give me 3 days in the forest, not ideal but hopefully enough to have a fun wee holiday with my mates.

My problem is I've just looked at the forecast and it looks rubbish, does anyone know a reliable long range forecast for France/Europe? I pretty much only ever use BBC in this country as the rest seem pretty unreliable and I hate those basic ones with cloud/rain/sun symbols, much better to see the isobars etc as it gives a much clearer picture...

Help!!!!
 fried 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Beardyman:

I'm sure you already know the answer to this. The weather is very unsettled at the moment and any forecasting past a couple of days is likely to be unreliable.

Meteofrance will only forecast until Thursday, any site that claims to be more accurate is likely deluding itself.

If you're going to come, come. You just have to take the risk.

The climate is pretty much the same as the south of England, and I imagine you'd be hard pressed to forecast for next weekend on Dartmoor.
 Doug 18 Mar 2013
In reply to fried: This is an alternative to MéteoFrance
http://www.meteo-paris.com/ile-de-france/previsions.php

Its for Paris but usually as reliable as any other forecast I've used. Not looking great & its rained a fair bit over the last few days so already damp (except maybe for some of the quicker drying areas)
 peterp 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Beardyman:

We were there in Feb this year for a week and had 1.5 days of the best conditions I've ever had and 5.5 days of utter wet pish. All forescasts were looked at were total baws and it all got a bit depressing really. If you have to change your flights anyway and the weather is looking a bit iffy I'd just give it a miss and wait until there's a decent but of weather across that part of Europe. Font is such a depressing place when the weather is baws...
 Arms Cliff 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Beardyman: This French site gives you error bars so you have some idea of the changeability of the forecast http://www.meteoblue.com/en_GB/weather/charts/fourteenday/nemours_fr_62212
 ChristieAdams 22 Mar 2013
In reply to Beardyman: I live in font and its meant to be cloudy sunday and lovely monday-friday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...